Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympic Plug

Well, since the Olympics are such a hot item to talk about, I am thinking I should hop on that bandwagon and give my two cents.

Gymnasts are AWESOME. I am constantly in awe of all they can do. It is freaking incredible. They are on up there with ice skaters, in my opinion (who do amazing stunts all while riding on shoes that rely on blades for balance; phew).

Also, diving. Now, what I don't understand is how you can get timing just perfect and dive at the same time, the same speed, and the exact same rotation as the person next to you. Synchronized diving has brought a whole new WOW factor to overall diving for me.

Of course swimming has been so darn exciting this season. Did you see Michael lead in the relay? He was a full body's length ahead of his competitors after just one leg of the race. Go Phelps!

My newest sport that I have never paid much attention to before but have thoroughly been enjoying . . . badminton. I know it doesn't sound like much, but at the Olympic level, they take things seriously. Who knew the sport we learned in elementary school involving a "birdie" could get so badass?

And finally, the sport I am going to attempt to get into, well, there's two.
One: synchronized swimming. I have ALWAYS wanted to watch this but never could catch it. This year is the year.
Two: trampoline. How impressive does that get? Well, I'm not sure. But I did have an insider's opinion on its difficulty, and he certainly peaked my interest.

That all may be more than two cents. Oops.

2 comments:

Paula said...

TRAMPOLINE??? i didn't even know that was a sport?!?!

Mary said...

the trampoline one is fun, but come on suz...BADMINTON?? nobody watches that! but i'm glad you enjoy it...