


Above are a few pictures from my going away par-tay and my last day at the beach.
Well, just as the title reads, I am now officially in San Antonio, TX, the place I called home for more than half my life. I say that because I can't quite believe I am calling it home once again. I have always loved visiting throughout the past few years, but I haven't felt like it was home for quite some time, since moving away, and now I feel a little homeless. And yet, I am anxious to find my niche here, or anywhere in TX, really.
The drive here went so very smoothly. I-40 through Arizona was absolutely beautiful. My stay in NM was nice but not altogether relaxing (too many people around). We went through Roswell on our drive back, thus the following pic.

Of course, landing in SA before midnight after a long day's drive just put a wonderful end to the trip. I have been rather busy this first week home. With roommate in tow, we did some SA things, such as Natural Bridge Caverns and Schlitterbahn, and then we headed to Austin to see college friends. (Pictures to follow.) We ate at some amazing restaurants, and I deduced that Austin may not be a bad place for me in the future. Only time will tell that.

This weekend was my first official family time I've had since I've been back. We floated the river with some family friends, but that is the extent of my details. If you want more, ask me later. I would like to not post that days proceedings for the public.
Of course, landing in SA before midnight after a long day's drive just put a wonderful end to the trip. I have been rather busy this first week home. With roommate in tow, we did some SA things, such as Natural Bridge Caverns and Schlitterbahn, and then we headed to Austin to see college friends. (Pictures to follow.) We ate at some amazing restaurants, and I deduced that Austin may not be a bad place for me in the future. Only time will tell that.

Let's see, let's see, now I am starting to settle in, applying for jobs, and realizing how much of an adjustment it will be to be living with my parents again. Alas, I will do my best to put myself back in that equation.
Now that I've posted 3 or 4 times, I can't help but feel inadequate in my bloggings. I mean, am I doing this right? Should I be talking about other things? Because this move is all I can focus on. Apparently there are 4 huge adjustments in your life and moving and getting a job are two of them so I'm trying to do just that. Adjust. Any suggestions?? Or friends in the area I don't know?? :)
Ok, enjoy your weeks, folks; I'll be here trying to figure out mine.

1 comment:
yay! i'm glad you arrived safely! and i'm so bummed that we missed you on the river. of all the weekends for all of us to be there and not actually see each other!
i think you're doing a great job blogging! informative, funny and you have PICTURES (v. important, IMO)
Post a Comment