I am so close to being able to work, I can taste it. And it's a good feeling, folks. A good feeling, indeed. I have already received my letter proving I've had my fingers printed, and yet I just got the email from the sub lady that says, and I quote, "I am sorry but the letters were sent before the code was put in your file to show completion of fingerprinting.....without this code the profile cannot be done.....just wait a day or 2 and then try again...you should be able to register then...." Are we dealing with idiots here or what? I am trying not to get frustrated or snippy, but come on now. Couldn't they have checked fingerprinting status BEFORE the sub orientation? Or better yet, couldn't they have submitted the code in our file BEFORE sending out the precious letters that were supposedly guaranteeing our right to register??
Ok, I'm done with that. So, I'm excited to start working . . . should I ever get to. :)
And on to other news, yesterday started as any other day. I got up, ate a little breakfast, went to a workout class where I stretched my limits lifting weights, swung by the library to vote early (thus avoiding lines later, although there was quite the line even at 10:45 am), went to the store in preparation for a dinner I ended up not making because after I got home, I ate a terrific homemade chicken salad sandwich, watched an episode of Gilmore Girls, and fell down the stairs. For those of you who haven't been to my house in the last few months, we recently aquired hardwood floors. This includes all the stairs. So, in my flurry to make it out the door for a coffee date I was already running late for, I slipped off the steps, about halfway down, and rolled the rest of the way. I have 5 bruises, that I've counted so far, and as embarrassed as I am to say this, I think this is the worst I've been roughed up. Maybe ever. It was sad and painful, and now I'm terrified of the stairs. And walking down them in anything but my bare feet or sneakers. But, on an up note, well, I haven't found one of those yet. I'm still pretty bitter.
Things I still find joy in . . . last night a cold front came through, and it was a whopping 57 degrees when I woke up this morning. Cool! I have LOVED it. After I let the exterminator in, I brewed myself a pot of fresh coffee, grabbed a chocolate chip muffin, and headed to the back porch to continue reading those pesky little Twilight books. It was a wonderfully blah morning after my overly eventful afternoon yesterday. :)
Wait a minute, here's a positive. It's almost the weekend and more football!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No need to be afraid anymore, those stairs already proved who's the boss, so you're good now. And I agree - move all your shoes downstairs and keep them there.
hahahaha. another chi chi bites the dust :)
counting down the days to saturday and seeing you! (don't forget!)
Post a Comment