Sunday, October 5, 2008

All Smiles

What a weekend o' fun. I really love having family and good friends together. (Even if they're only my friends through extension [thanks to my brother and sister-in-law]). This weekend entailed lots of events, including seeing some extended family that I hadn't seen in a while, helping to host my sister-in-law's baby shower (can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!), partying it up at my brother's diaper shower, and then spending some time at home with my other brother. Oh, and I slept until 10:00 this morning, the latest in several weeks. I haven't been sleeping great (see past posts), but after this great weekend and lots of reaffirming conversations with those I love, I feel much more refreshed and content. Thus the late hour of my awakening . . . not that I'm still not tired and heading to bed any minute. But I just wanted to quickly send out a happy face for how I'm feeling. :) Tomorrow I am heading to Houston with my mama for some routine tests and appts. As always, prayer is appreciated. Then the countdown continues for my trip to CA. Good times, good times.
On a completely unrelated topic, I have begun the hideous task of car shopping. Now that I've found a few I could live with and love, convincing my parents that it would be in their best interest (although I haven't quite figured out how) to spend the money necessary to make my car dreams come true is the task at hand. Wish me luck on that. Ha!
Happy New Weeks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yaya!! So happy to hear you are happy. It just makes me smile :). PLUS!! I can't wait to see you. I can't believe I will get to in just four days... man, what incentive to get through the work week! Anyway, I love you, pal. Enjoy Houston/time with mom!