Saturday morning I basked in the UT win over OU. Hook 'em!

That night I enjoyed the sweet singing of Sara Bareilles, and let me tell you . . . she is FANTASTIC in concert. If you don't know her, get to listening to her music. She is super talented and so so so good live. That night was my main reason for going this trip, and it was so worth it.

Sunday I went back to my old town, even to the very apartment complex I once inhabited for 2 years of my life. I was unable to go in, exactly, but I did hang out with my good friends there, eating lunch and watching The Office and Grey's. The end of my trip consisted of seeing one last friend Sunday night, where I stayed and recieved a ride to Pepperdine. It's changed; they're knocking down old auditoriums and building new classrooms. But the ocean is still there, as beautiful as ever, along with the Santa Anas blowing so much dirt/sand at you that you feel you've just had your own personal facial. Since I was back at school, I figured I might as well take a class so I went to my friend's dad's class on Harry Potter. They were discussing the last two books, which are my favorite, so it was pretty entertaining. And finally I went to the airport, and I had the most pleasant Southwest flight experience EVER at LAX. Except when I got to SA, the stupid baggage people left one of my bags on the cart outside, and it wasn't until I was almost home when they called to tell me this blessed news. So I have to go back to the airport today, and I am NOT looking forward to it. Of course they took the bag that actually had stuff I needed, you know, toothbrush, makeup, clean clothes, etc. But, anyway, that was my time. Sounds pretty terrific, right? It was. Very good.
Today I'm taking another test to further qualify myself so hopefully I'll get a job quicker. Wish me luck!! :) And then I have my substitute orientation Wednsday so I can finally get ready to start substituting and be productive in the world. My next visit to Houston is going to be later this month so I don't know how much subbing I'll get in for a while, but still, to know I can will be good for me.
And that's all folks!
4 comments:
glad you had a good time! but...pictures??
so glad to have you... come back any time :)... p.s. glad you got to experience the life of an OC housewife... that's not what you see me as, right? I mean, I'm not married AND I can't make casseroles. I'm totally screwed!
glad you had fun in CA!
Yay! A successful recharge weekend! I hope your tests and orientation are going well. Let's have some dinner sometime this week.... :)
Post a Comment