Friday, December 19, 2008
*BIRD ALERT*
Just wanted to get your attention, but you will NEVER believe what I saw at Starbucks today. A man just walks up, pulls out a beach towel to drape over a patio chair, and proceeds to place a parrot (that had previously been perching on his shoulder) onto the towel. That's right, a parrot. Whoa! My eyes grew so large that the girl who was sitting on the other side of the window, right in my line of sight of the bird, got very uncomfortable with me "staring" at her. So I had to motion for her to turn around, and she nearly dropped her book when she came face to face with the parrot. We both chuckled, and I went back to reading, always keeping a watchful eye on the unique situation. The man comes inside to order and leaves the bird unchaperoned. Out of the blue, a woman walks up, picks up the bird, and begins petting it. And not just a normal bird petting . . . oh no. She strokes it, talks to it, gets in its face and kisses its mouth repeatedly (picture your favorite puppy licking your face . . . this was the EXACT type of exchange.) But then, it all got weirder. (as if this hasn't been weird enough) The woman goes inside and apparently she is the man's girlfriend or wife or whatever because they go back outside with their coffee and proceed to feed the bird a do nut and a cookie. As if this bird needs to be fed breakfast from Starbucks. Finally, a barrister goes outside with his phone and takes a picture with the bird, like it was some kind of circus act or something. It was all too much. I don't think I have stared quite so much in all my life. I felt I was in an alternate universe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! You have some interesting Starbucks stories. Imagine what you'd see at the Starbucks in Austin! Well, probably just Leslie, but he's a sight anywhere you spot him.....
Post a Comment