Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the most wonderful time . . .

of the year. Christmas. Ahh. I haven't been home for Christmas in a while so it's been nice to be here with actual decorations, that have been gathered over the years, each with their own history. Sounds cheesy, but it's always fun hearing the same stories of who got what from where year after year.
Anyway, I have been TERRIBLE about posting lately. I just haven't felt like I had much to report. So here are my updates, per a few special requests.
I'm still substituting, and I still like elementary ten times better than high school. I have been going to a few more different schools so that's been good. Getting my face and name out there so come hiring time, they will hopefully (keep your fingers crossed) remember me and what an asset I would be to their school. :)
My mom is doing alright, good days and bad days, but I'm sure the holiday break will be a good time for her to rest and get annoyed with the family.
My little niece is still ADORABLE, and here is her Christmas picture.


Too cute, right??
What else, what else? Oh, yes, I am going to Heidelberg over my break to visit a college friend who lives there now. Another friend is meeting there too so we're having a reunion overseas. Woohoo! I love my college reunions. First Vegas, now Europe; I don't know how I'll top that. Anyway, I am super excited, of course, and you will see plenty of pictures and hear lots of good stories upon my return.
Another thing, and don't judge me for it, but I just got a new car. I know what you're thinking. "Susan, how is the WORLD can you afford this right now?? No job? No money?" You have every reason to question me; there's not a day goes by that I don't ponder that myself. I am truly blessed to receive such gifts. And yes, I'm spoiled. What are you going to do about it? Ok, phew. I was nervous to tell yall, but there, I did. I look forward to taking you for a spin in my sweet, new ride.


And last but not least, the Cardwell clan is coming over tomorrow . . . cousins, aunts, uncles, the whole shabang. We're making fajitas, and I made about 3 million cookies today so I'm hoping that holds up. :)
Hope your last few days before Christmas are blissful ones!!

3 comments:

Paula said...

a new car?!?! merry christmas susan!!!!

and nothing to be ashamed of...your parents have been promising this for YEARS :)

what i am concerned about is why i am just hearing of this trip to europe?

The Fletchers said...

EUROPE?! Why dont we get to have Chi Chi reunions in EUROPE?!?!

I love your car!!!!! So cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny that your dad is kinda jealous of your car. ;)