Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wow

So I didn't realize just how long it had been since I'd been on here. It's easy enough checking up on my friends' blogs through gmail's wonderful subscriptions page. It's quite another to get on the thing myself and type something out. But after many many complaints, comments, and overall questions about my existence did I finally deem it necessary to blog again.
I've been busy. Teaching at the school I'm at has required FAR more hours than "normal" teachers are. It's ridiculous. If I could work less, I would. There is just a TON of paper work at this school, and it's already wearing thin. But beggers can't be choosers right now in the job market. So I'm trying to take it all in stride and constantly remind myself of two things. 1) This is, if nothing else, a great learning experience. and 2) I can last through just about anything when a summer break follows. So that's work.
The past few weeks I have also taken several trips. I've been to Austin a 3 or 4 times, but I guess that's normal. I've been to CA twice and Utah once. What can I say? I'm a traveler. And finally with some money to spend. Although, it's draining right out of my wallet and into these wonderful excursions which will inevitably have to come to an end soon if I want to survive living at home long enough to move out. However, I do live by that lovely rule "you're only young once". Or "you only live once". Either one covers my ridiculous trips and adventures.
My biggest piece of news, though, is the new cell phone that I'll be getting this week. Some of you may know or have seen on my fb that my cell phone has been out of commission. Tomorrow is the day I get to upgrade to a new one! Wish me luck! I've been waiting for this day for over a week now...well, let's face it...for as long as I've hated my last phone, which pretty much started as soon as I got it 2 years ago. So I'm kind of nervous about things going wrong...not having the one I want in stock...not being able to upgrade for some bogus reason...not being able to get my numbers off my old phone and onto my new one. I know, I know, these are minor problems in comparison to the bigger world. I realize that. But I'm still SUPER excited to get a new toy.
Alright, I hope this has been sufficient for those inquiring minds wanting to know about me. Thanks for the concern, and I promise, from now on, I will try harder to keep you updated.
Until then...be good out there.
:)

2 comments:

Mary said...

THANK YOU for the update! i expect lots of pictures from all your jet-setting VERY soon! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE how your biggest news is not about the trips but the cell phone... you are an odd one, my dear. Congrats on the new phone. See you soon for another fun-filled time. WOOHOO!