Monday, September 15, 2008

phew

These past few days have been a whirlwind of excitement and non-stop going. Let me give you a recap...
Thursday night I went to my first MacArthur High School football game since I graduated in 2002. This may sound lame, but it was weird that I wasn't assigned a specific place to sit or go on to the field to perform at half-time. I just sat with the teachers (I was bonding with mi mama), and they were a rowdy crowd, let me tell ya. We won, though. Go Brahmas!
Then, Friday night, my good friend from CA was supposed to come (and she did--woo!), but not before lots of calls to the airline and obsessively watching the weather to see where Ike wanted to go. Many thanks that he avoided my neck of the woods and all we got were threatening clouds.
Upon her first night in good 'ole San Antone, we watched some TV and chatted, on Saturday morning there was breakfast at a new little love of mine, Magnolia Pancake Haus, and then a night out on the town. We tried to go to church Sunday morning, but the church traffic was so intense (yes, I said church traffic), we decided that God would much rather us go to La Cantera to enjoy the cooler weather. And then, sadly, it was airport time around 5:30, where I said my goodbyes and followed with dinner with family friends in Gruene. Yum yum.
Looking forward to more exciting days ahead! :)

On a sadder note...
Amidst my busy and wonderful weekend, tragedy struck for a good friend of mine last Friday. Her father was killed in the Metrolink crash in Chatsworth, CA. Although I didn't know him well, I had met him enough times to know how much he will be missed. Please say a prayer for her and her family as they deal with such a devastating loss. Thanks.
http://cinenet.com/~barbara/Walt_Fuller/walt_main.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had Magnolia's bananas foster pancakes this morning. Mmmmmmm. Yay for a good weekend and boo for the bad news. I'm sorry about your friend's dad. :(