Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Packing away . . .

Busy busy bee. That's what I've been. A day and a half of packing, and I can finally see my room looking different. Phew. There are boxes in my living room that are to somehow fit in my car later this week, 3 boxes on the way to TX, and 3 boxes on the way to be sent to TX. I can see the light. I think. I'm worried I may have to leave last min. stuff here in a suitcase so next time I visit I can just bring that suitcase back then. We'll see, though. I have collected an absurd amount of mugs and other pointless kitchen crap. But I want to keep it all. But I do have this insane pile for good will, not to mention everything I'm just throwing out because nobody wants old notes or invitations or ticket stubs that have been kept so long the ink is rubbed off so I no longer know what they were for or when they were from.
My very caring CA friends are also throwing me a going away shindig this Thursday, and all my favorites are coming. Including you know who. It will be at a restaurant/bar down in Santa Monica called SOUTH. What better way to end this experience than with good friends enjoying some good 'ole comfort food down in trendy LA?
And my sister in law was kind enough to let me know "Don't worry, if you need a place to stay, we can always shack you up in a cabana out by our pool." So if life with the folks doesn't pan out, I always have that option.

2 comments:

The Fletchers said...

I wont be at your CA shin-dig on Thursday so I dont know who this special someone you are talking about is... HAHA! :)

TEXAS IS SO EXCITED TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!

Paula said...

be sure to take pictures of your party! and label everyone so i know who everyone is :)